What We Believe
1. The divine inspiration, infallibility and inerrancy of all the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament and the New Testament, and their supreme authority as the Word of God in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. The Unity of the Godhead and the divine co-equality and co-eternity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The sovereignty of God in creation, providence and redemption.
3. God, the Son, eternally with the Father, Who in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ, became truly man through the Virgin Birth, Who died on the Cross to atone for sin, Who was raised again on the third day, Who afterwards ascended to the right hand of God and Who will personally return in glory.
4. God the Holy Spirit, the Guide to all truth, Whose presence and witness are the seal of every child of God and whose work is necessary for regeneration, conversion and sanctification.
5. The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering man subject to God's wrath and eternal condemnation.
6. The redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin, through the sacrificial and atoning death of the Lord Jesus Christ as our representative and substitute, and the justification of the believer through faith alone in Him.
7. The resurrection of the body; the judgement of the world by the Lord Jesus Christ; the blessedness of the saved and the punishment of the lost as being alike eternal.
8. The one Holy Universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong; preaching of the Gospel to every person as commanded by Christ; the observance of Baptism as an ordinance of divine institution, but not conveying any regeneration grace; the observance of the Lord's Supper as a commemoration of the Lord's death, but not being a sacrifice for sin, nor involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine.
We subscribe to the FIEC statement of faith.
To be salt and light in our community
To bring glory to God in all we do
To build up Christians in their relationship with God
To care for the Christians and others in our Community
Reach those who do not know Jesus
Develop the next generation of church leaders
Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore
go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the
Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you
always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28v18, 19, 20
. . . But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in
Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1v8
Ladyfield supports many missionaries worldwide, some of whom have been sent out from our own church. We have our own Counties evangelist and Elder, Jonathan Brain, who is our community worker serving in schools, in the church, and by means of a market stall in Chippenham. We support others working with Christian organisations in Bosnia, South Africa and elsewhere.